The Editors of WOMEN’S Healthy Living is advising women how to lose weight in seven days. I copied the material for those who are seeking to slim down a bit, and I happen to be one of them:) I have also attached the link because it had a lot of cool weight lost tips and articles.
Sunday: Eliminate processed foods
1. If you can’t pronounce the ingredients, the food is off-limits. Or hit the produce aisle for foods with no label at all.
(I agree, but I wish Snickers had harder to pronounce ingredients!)
Monday: Lay off the sauce
2. Not only are alcoholic drinks dehydrating and high in calories, they also make resisting nibbles difficult. No shocker here: Studies prove women consume more calories after drinking.
(Wait, are you telling me I can’t drink?…Mondays may be a problem for me!)
Tuesday: Get a fiber fix
3. It may be tempting to nix all carbs, but don’t forgo fiber, a proven source of long-lasting satiety. Sprinkle flaxseed onto yogurt or add a few teaspoons of sliced almonds to your salad.
(If this would have said I could not have bread or pasta, I would have quit this plan immediately; however, I can cut back…)
Wednesday: Burn, baby, burn
4. Eating steadily throughout the day can prevent hunger-which makes you want to ravage anything in sight. Aim for three small meals (300 to 350 calories each) and two snacks (100 to 150 calories each). I like this!
Thursday: Banish bloat
5. Broccoli, onions, and peppers cause gassiness and bloating. Stick to water based produce like cucumbers, spinach, and asparagus. Potassium-rich fruits like bananas and oranges also purge retained water. I can do this too!
Friday: Flush it out
6. Cells retain water when they don’t have enough of it. Down 2 to 3 liters each day. Sip slowly and the water will hit your bloodstream rather than filter out through your liver, so you won’t have to pee every 5 seconds.
( I have obviously been doing this wrong!)
Ginger’s Thoughts – Well, I am going to try this and see if it works. If anyone else decides to follow this plan and you see results, please tell me so that we can share!